I’ve never really been a drumstick girl to tell you the truth, the bones kind of weird me out. My husband makes fun of me every time I try and eat chicken wings, my hands get so messy as I try and remove the meat from the bone with my fingers. Haha. BUT ever since I made these the other day I’ve been wanting them more and more. They are so simple and fast to prepare. I NEVER want BBQ season to end! Why does summer always seem to go soo fast?!
Here’s what you do. Buy some drumsticks. I bought fresh drumsticks, however I’m sure frozen would work too, you would just have to thaw them out beforehand. Turn the grill on to high heat and let it warm up. While the grill is warming, rinse with water, then dry off each drumstick with a paper towel or napkin and set aside.
Fresh Black Pepper
Sprinkle evenly on both sides.
To Grill: Place chicken over high heat for 2 minutes, flip to the other side for 2 minutes, move to the top rack (or away from direct heat), then turn the heat down to medium and let the chicken cook for another 20 minutes. Now you have room to cook the rest of your BBQ veggies! After 20 minutes remove them from the grill and eat em’ up!
- 10 Drumsticks
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Black Pepper
- Set grill to high heat.
- While the grill is warming, rinse with water and dry off each drumstick with a paper towel or napkin and set aside.
- Next lightly sprinkle on all the spices on both sides of the chicken.
- Coat both sides evenly.
- Right before setting them on the grill, drizzle some olive oil over the top to prevent them from sticking to the grill.
- To Grill: Place chicken over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Flip to the other side for 2 minutes.
- Move to top rack (or away from direct heat).
- Turn the heat down to medium and let the chicken cook for another 20 minutes, or until done.