How can something sooo healthy taste so yummy?! So, in case you didn’t know already, I’m pretty much in love with chocolate. It’s a weakness that is really hard for me to even have the DESIRE to overcome, mostly because it’s a guilty pleasure. I’m not alone I know. There are so many of you out there who have been trying to hide your chocolate addiction too. So, why not just have one more brownie, right?
Author: Shanell For Real
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla extract, honey, salt, and the applesauce.
- Sieve the flour and the cocoa powder into another bowl. Add the baking soda and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and combine until the dry ingredients are mixed in well.
- Add the grated zucchini and the chocolate chips. Mix once more.
- Pour the brownie batter into a greased 9 X 13 baking tin or something with similar dimensions.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out somewhat clean.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan.
- Once completely cool cut with a plastic knife to avoid tearing brownie.
Leave a Reply