If there was something that I would maybe consider myself addicted to it might just be this smoothie, right here. This is our go-to post workout smoothie, our “we want a treat” smoothie, our “I don’t know what else to make for breakfast” smoothie, and our “can we please just have some chocolate” smoothie. It’s soo good!
For the LONGEST time I would go to Costco and dream about owning a Vitamix Blender. I was one of those annoying people that waited by the demonstrator for just one more sample. Finally I convinced my husband that it would help not only us eat better and be more healthy but would also benefit our children as well. That’s when he caved….and then the heavens opened and I heard angels singing…ok, maybe it wasn’t that dramatic, but you get the picture. I was SO EXCITED! I’m not sure if there’s a day that has gone by that we haven’t used it! We use it all the time! But, that’s another post for another day. You’re here to learn how to make this little chocolate dream drink huh?! Ok. Here you go. Enjoy!
I like this Cacao, this these Cacao Nibs. (I LOVE adding the Cacao Nibs in the mix…I feel like I’m eating an oreo shake. Mmmm.)
- 1 C Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Ripe, Frozen bananas (frozen is ideal but can also do non-frozen.)
- 2 Tbsp. all natural Peanut Butter
- 2 Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 Heaping Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1½ C Ice (8-10 cubes)
- Starting at the top of the ingredient list add contents. Blend until creamy and Enjoy!
- (Optional: For an added chocolate chip/cookie-like crunch add 1 Tbsp. of Cacao Nibs and blend in at the very end until the nibs reach the desired chunk size.)
Kathleen Bliss says
Just wanted to tell you we tried your chocolate peanut butter smoothie. It is so delicious!!!
Thank you so much for sharing the recipe. Love your blog.
Oh awesome! I’m glad you liked it! It’s one of our favorites! 🙂