Raise your hand if you love potatoes. ME! I do! Like…more than I should probably admit. Well, I was determined to find a way to eat mashed potatoes without needing to add tons of butter, cream cheese, milk, or sour cream to make them nice and creamy and yummy. I’m proud to say I think I’ve found it!
I made these the other night as a side for our beef ribs that were cooking in the crockpot all day long and it ended up being THE perfect addition to the plate. These potatoes turned out so yummy and creamy you wouldn’t even know they weren’t loaded with a bunch of dairy. Check out the recipe below for all the details. 🙂 Enjoy!
- 5 red potatoes
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- water (enough to boil the potatoes in)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- ½ tsp. pepper (more to taste)
- ¼ C. homemade mayonaise
- ⅓ C. canned coconut milk (more based on how creamy you like your potatoes)
- Boil potatoes in water and 2 tsp. kosher salt until easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain water from potatoes and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add seasonings, mayo and coconut milk.
- With a handheld mixer mix and mash potatoes until creamy and smooth.
- Add more seasonings or coconut milk per your liking.