Have you heard of a frittafle? Have you heard of a frittata or a waffle? Well a frittata is basically a bunch of leftover veggies that you didn’t use throughout the week but don’t really want to just throw out so you chop them up and throw them in with some whisked eggs and bake it like a pie. A waffle? Well…I’m almost positive you know what a waffle it; a warm, toasted, multiple squared mouthful of goodness. That’s what. A Frittafle is a mixture of both!
Here’s what you do.
Step 1. Go through your fridge and pull out all the extra veggies you have hangin’ around.
Step 2. Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and whisk.
Step 3. Add some seasonings. I like to use garlic powder, salt, and pepper. That’s it.
Step 4. Chop your veggies and mix them in with your eggs. I typically don’t chop my spinach. You don’t even need to.
Step 5. Spray your waffle maker with some oil so the eggs don’t stick, then pour the eggs into the waffle maker making sure to spread it around evenly.
Step 6. Cook it until the little light on the waffle maker says it’s ready to eat!
Step 7. Add your toppings. I like to add a little hot sauce, or some fresh pico, some guac, or a little bit of bacon. Mmmm…
Step 8. Enjoy!
My kids LOVE these, and it’s a great way to sneak in some extra veggies. It’s a mom win for sure! 🙂
- 2 eggs
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- chopped veggies or meats ie: spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, sweet potatoes, chopped sausages, chopped bacon, etc...
- Preheat waffle maker and spray with nonstick spray
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl
- Add seasonings
- Chop veggies and meats and add them in with the eggs
- Pour into waffle maker making sure to spread mixture evenly over the waffle maker
- When the "ready" light turns on take it out and top it with your favorite egg toppers ie: avocado, guacamole, pico, hot sauce, etc.